Better Together in a Box Fall 2021
The Y has been selected to participate in the Better Together in a Box program. Better Together in a Box, which is modeled after the four-year Better Together program, is designed to encourage meaningful interaction between young and old. The Y is grateful for being chosen to participate in the Better Together in a Box program and looks forward to sharing with our community how this program positively influences youth. Under the direction of Rabbi Ari Perten, Northern Manhattan Middle School students and seniors regularly meet in a process of joint learning, conversation, and relationship building.
The Y’s Better Together in a Box program is meaningful and fun!
- Students participate in monthly educational sessions to prepare them for interactions with their senior buddy.
- Senior and student buddies meet monthly.
- All participants will be invited to the Y’s Better Together in a Box activities and events.
- To apply as a middle school participant, please use this link.
- To apply as a senior applicant, please use this link.
Better Together in a Box is a program developed and operated by a well-respected national foundation.
Better Together will begin on Sunday, October 24, 2021.
For more information, please contact Y Norman E. Alexander Center for Jewish Life Director Rabbi Ari Perten at email@example.com.